Jordi Whitworth is a popular face for the E4 show ‘Stage School’. Despite maturing in handsomeness, many of you would’ve recognize his face from somewhere else…
Remember the boygroup Overload that was on ‘X Factor’? For Whitworth, that was a dream come true to perform for the judges as well as be considered as the stud-muffin by Ms Cole. With those sophomore boyband days now behind him, Whitworth continues to pursue his music dreams solo. His single ‘Fire’ was released this year and has gained positive feedback from his huge following base – and that isn’t even the best part of his career post-Overload…
Ladies and gentlemen, Whitworth is going to be in an indie movie!
The movie is called ‘Dead Ringer’; directed by Richard Colton and produced by Teamwork Films. He’s cast as Darren and reveals all of the details of his first film appearance in this interview. Plus, minor revelations as to what kicked off in the last season of E4’s ‘Stage School’.
1. Last time that we saw you, you were in boy group ‘Overload’. What’s the difference between being in a boyband and being a solo artist (since you’re now pursuing your own career)?
Being a solo artist now means everything is my decision and I love that! I don’t have to depend on other people. It’s also good that I can do the music that I like and style myself.
2. External from your experience, do you think pop bands (especially boybands) are in decline? Times change but I always think there is room for a boyband. It just takes the right format and making sure that the boys get on well.
Times change but I always think there is room for a boyband. It just takes the right format and making sure that the boys get on well.
3. You’ve recently released your solo single ‘Fire’ please tell us about this track, what inspired you to make it and who else was involved? I wanted to make a track that everyone can relate to but on the other hand, make them think about certain relationships whether it was a big or small one.
I wanted to make a track that everyone can relate to but on the other hand, make them think about certain relationships whether it was a big or small one.
4. Any prospects of releasing another single? Or are you going to focus on pursuing your career in acting since you’re returning to Stage School?
I’m in the process and waiting for my trip where I will be writing and producing new music out in Los Angeles/Nashville. Also, I’ve been co-writing with a lot of people here in the U.K.
5. What motivated you to apply for ‘Stage School’?
Last year when I was in the first series I found myself involved with a couple of the girls from the school which didn’t end too well….
6. Are there any negatives with being filmed whilst at ‘Stage School’?
Not really, I mean it’s hard to keep things a secret as people talk but that’s because everyone is so close. It’s a cool experience!
7. Which career would you choose if you had to reach an ultimatum between acting and singing? And why?
That’s a hard question but I do think it would have to be singing as I love being on stage getting the crowd going mad and singing along with me.
8. Speaking of acting…we hear that you will be starring in a film called ‘Dead Ringer.’ Without revealing any spoilers, tell us a little as to what the film is about.
The movie was an amazing experience as it was my first movie to be in. It was wicked to meet the boys and there is talk about us potentially releasing a single as a band.
9. Give us a brief about your character Darren.
My character Darren is a naughty boyband member which is something I can relate to in my own life. This made it cool to kind of replay moments that I’ve lived before.
10. How does it feel being cast as one of the actors to star in ‘Dead Ringer’?
It’s amazing as everyone is so close now and so easy to work with, so I’m so happy that I got to be a part of that.
11. Remind everyone what happened on the last season of E4’s ‘Stage School’ and the status of these friendships.
So last year wasn’t the best entrance for myself as I came between two friends who were misled on my actions, but we’re cool now. Also, I had a few arguments with someone who had been spreading some untrue rumours about me.
12. How is this second season going to be different from the first season? As we see that there are some new characters?
There are new characters who are from the Junior school so they are younger but also lovely people to work with, I’ve tried to keep my head down but also I seem to end up in a troublesome way…
12. What can we expect? Lots of singing, dancing and complications!
Lots of singing, dancing, and complications!